Friday, January 3, 2014

Julep January Boudoir Collection

The January Julep collection is titled the Boudoir Collection and it is gorgeous!  The Julep Maven window was open from December 20th-25th this month.  As a Maven you get to choose from 4 boxes with the January colors and a featured beauty product for $19.99 a month.  You can also choose to skip, or upgrade to receive all the colors and products for the month as well.  I have only upgraded once before (October) but I had to this month once I saw these shades.  I don't own anything like them, and I love the range of finishes offered and I was feeling the neutral tones.  Also, this months products were new to me.  The upgrade this month included 9 polishes, the Ta Da drops, the Vanish drops, and cuticle sticks for $55, thats $5 an item!  The featured product this month was Ta-Da quick dry polish drops.  These are meant to be dropped on top of the polish so that it dries in 1 minute!.  I have not tried them yet, but I am excited to see if they work!  The add on product with the upgrade was the Vanishing cuticle treatment.  Again, I don't have a product like this and I need to take better care of my cuticles.  Vanish says you use the dropper to deposit a drop on each nail and then push back the cuticles.  I need to stop cutting mine, especially in this dry weather, so I can't wait to try these as well.  I have been using Julep cuticle oil and it is great, but living in Minnesota is not good on the hands in the winter.  What Julep box did you choose this month?  Interested in becoming a Maven?  You save on each polish, get free shipping, and of course get to take or skip your box each month!  Click here and use code FREEBOX and just pay shipping your first month.  I love these January colors and you will be seeing me use them soon!  I received $126.40 of nail products this month for $55!

Julep January Boudoir Collection upgrade $55
The 9 New Polishes

Ta Da Quick Dry Drops (retail 14.00 maven price $11.20)  Leaves your manicure touchable smudge free in one minute.  Reduces dry time and nourishes nails.  I hope these work, what a perfect sounding product!

Vanish Cuticle Softener & Remover (retail 18.00 maven price $14.40)  The lanolin-enriched formula quickly removes overgrown cuticles, clearing the way for a cleaner, prettier mani (or pedi). Over time, you’ll notice a dramatic decrease in cuticle regrowth.  Again, can't wait to try this new product!


Left to right:  Noelle, Abigail, Farrah, Mae, Hope, Annemarie, Mona, Hannah, Margot

Left to right:  Noelle, Abigail, Farrah, Mae, Hope, Annemarie, Mona, Hannah, Margot
Farrah, Abigail and Noelle (retail 14.00 maven price 11.20)

Julep's new silk finish is featured in these shades.  Julep defines silk finish as semi matte with a hint of opalescence.  In these swatches you can see the shimmer and the finish is not shiny at all, I really like them!


flash

no flash

Hope & Mae (retail 14.00, maven price 11.20)

These two new shades are featured in a satin finish.  Julep defines Satin Finish as soft, smooth and semi matte.   These are a nice variation to the classic creme shades.  I like how thick and smooth they were, and who doesn't need a nice bright white polish.  



Annemarie, Mona, Hannah (retail 14.00 maven price 11.20)

These are the creme shades of the month.  Julep defines creme as ultra pigmented with shine.  I love Mona!  I think these 3 shades will go together perfectly this spring with some cool nail art.



Margot (retail 14.00, maven price 11.20)

This months shimmer color is Margot a bright shiny gold!  Julep defines shimmer as infused with glossy micro glitter.  This is my favorite of the bunch, can't wait to put it on!



























5 comments:

  1. Awesome swatches. Do you happen to have your blog set up with Bloglovin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i don't know what bloglovin is....i will have to look into that...i am very new at this! just starting out, but love to share polish looks and swatches!

      Delete
    2. I claimed my blog on bloglovin, thanks for the headsup!

      Delete