Sunday, November 24, 2013

Catching Fire Nails

In honor of Catching Fire (which was amazing) I thought I would do my own fire mani this week.  I finally picked up some of the Cover Girl mini catching fire shades today at CVS.  For this I used Cover Girl Inferno, a red shimmer, Cover Girl Rogue Red, a reddish orange shimmer, and Julep Dahlia, a yellow shimmer.  I painted a white base coat and topped it with a layer of Dahlia, then let that coat dry.  I then painted a fade of Inferno and Rogue Red over the yellow Dahlia.  I then took a cosmetic sponge layered with each shade and dabbed it on to create a more ombre softer faded effect.  I did this because with these shimmer shades it is hard to build up the color with just the sponge.  It worked perfectly, and as always this one is even better in person.  Did you pick up and of the Cover Girl Catching Fire shades?


Julep Dahlia, Cover Girl Rogue Red, Cover Girl Inferno

With Flash




No comments:

Post a Comment