Monday, February 17, 2014

Plastic Wrap Nail Art

I spent this weekend playing around with some saran wrap nail designs.  I am a member of a Facebook nail art group and this weeks challenge was plastic wrap art.  This method can be done in many ways.  I started with a gel polish base of Gelish Mint of Spring, this in my favorite gel polish shade!  It is a bright springy green perfect even by itself.  I chose several Essie and Zoya shades that complimented each other for this mani.  I dapped each of the colors on the nail and then balled up a small piece of plastic wrap to gently dab to mush the colors together.  I then repeated with a second coat and dabbed again.  The result was splotchy and perfect!  I finished with 2 layers of topcoat so there was no more "texture" left.  I made a nail art decal using a butterfly stamp that I painted in and then applied to the nail afterwards.  I will post a tutorial on homemade nail art decals soon!  This was my first attempt so I wasn't sure if I could get it, but it was easy.  I love the way this turned out I hope I win this weeks challenge, if not it is fun to see what everyone else came up with as well.



Gelish A Mint of Spring
L to R:  Essie Bikini so Teeny, Essie First Timer, Zoya Robyn, Zoya Rocky, Zoya Neely

Plastic Wrap Nail Art




Plastic Wrap Art with Butterfly Stamp (left hand)

left hand



Right Hand

Right Hand









No comments:

Post a Comment