Friday, August 30, 2013

Purple Ombre Nails



Today I did a Purple Ombre that is perfect for the transition to fall!  I have done a few ombre's in the past and I have found what works best for me.  Start by putting tape around the sides of your nails to make cleanup later much easier.  Start with a light base color either white, or in this case I used the lightest purple shade.  Then I took a triangle makeup sponge and painted a stripe of each color overlapping and blotted it several times on each nail.  After the first coat dries of this do it again to build up the colors and create more of a fade between each shade.  I used three colors for this look:  The darkest purple is Revlon Moon Candy in Orbit, the medium shade is Sally Hanson Xtreme Wear in Grey Area, and the lightest is NCLA As If! from my July Popsugar box!  After sponging take off the tape and clean up around nail beds with paint brush and acetone.  Top it off with Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat.  Next time I will take photo's of each step I promise!  Does this make you want to try Ombre nail's this fall?
L-R:  Revlon Moon Candy in Orbit, Sally Hanson Xtreme Wear in Grey Matters, NCLA in As If!















No comments:

Post a Comment