Thursday, September 5, 2013

FALL GREENS

This is a triple polish post.  I love fall greens and have lots of new ones to try this fall!  I thought I would swatch a few of them tonight and here is what they look like!  I usually put a gel polish base under my manicures for a few reasons.  Mainly, it makes my nails strong and I am able to wear it for a week or two and then paint regular polishes over it and use non acetone to remove it.  I knew I wanted to try some of my new fall green shades this week so I put Gelish Runway for the Money as my base coat.  I picked up this shade recently at the Sally Beauty clearance for only $2.50 and its a great base color for lots of fall shades, or nice on its own.  I used 3 coats and finished with Gelish Top it Off.  

Gelish Runway for the Money






I tried a few other greens tonight as well.  I used the new Maybelline Vintage Leather 875 Mod Moss and Maybelline color show Twilight Rays as an accent nail in the bottom pics.  Twilight Rays is a dark greenish black with gold and green flecks, its hard to photograph but gorgeous in person!  This is the second Vintage Leather polish I have tried and I really like them.  I only used one coat and you can see the flecks of matte "glitter" in there as well!  The finish is ultra matte a nice change to the classic shiny topcoats.  I can't wait to try some other new greens this week as well, stay posted!  

Maybelline Vintage Leather Mod Moss







 Maybelline Vintage Leather 875 Mod Moss with Maybelline Color Show 240 Twilight Rays accent












Here is what I ended with to wear for the weekend Zoya Hunter with Essie Beyond Cozy accent nail.  Zoya hunter is a perfect fall green, deep and rich.  What Fall greens are you going to try out soon or what are your go to favorites?






No comments:

Post a Comment